Thursday, February 13, 2014

Craft and Activity Roundup for Valentine's Day

Minne-Mama is on Facebook! 'Like' us to stay updated on our fun crafts and activities!
Thank you for stopping by!

I cannot believe that tomorrow is already Valentine's Day! I thought it would be fun to do a roundup post of our Valentine crafts and activities as well as some of my favorites from other blogs. These are the Valentine themed crafts and activities we did this year, for last minute ideas or to keep in mind - or pin - for next year!

Skyler loved painting with yarn which I framed with festive heart doilies to create our sun catchers.


I modified our kiss canvas to make these Valentine's for Skyler's teachers.


We had fun with this sparkly pink peek-a-boo play dough with little hidden hearts!


--------------------------------------------------


I have been filling my Valentine Pinterest board with many wonderful kids crafts and activities to remember for next year - these are some of my favorites!

We will definitely be making flower prints with celery next year (or for Mother's Day!)


I love this flower bouquet from Parentella 


And these rose covered hearts from The Chocolate Muffin Tree

Everything from Fun at Home with Kids is amazing: These tissue paper hearts


This sensory bin


These reusable window clings 


This Valentine slime from Growing a Jeweled Rose looks so gooey and fun


I want to have these beautiful heart mobiles from Mess For Less hanging all over our house!


Salt dough hearts are definitely on our list for next year. We will probably do a mix of these two.


I love the look of this marbled salt dough (and the fun mixing process to get it) from Two-Daloo


Skyler will be a great age next year to practice threading with these hearts and beads from My Nearest and Dearest!


Simple heart covered straws and heart shaped pasta makes a perfect Valentine fine motor activity. I love this idea from Buggy and Buddy.


At Housing a Forest, they made Valentine stamps out of felt Christmas ornaments! I will definitely be looking at all felt Christmas ornaments next year with stamping crafts in mind.

And finally, this list of Valentine's Day Books and Crafts by No Time For Flash Cards is amazing! As I mentioned in our Fish Eyes post based on the book, I love to link activities to children's literature whenever possible! (Huggy Kissy is one of our favorites right now)


If you haven't, you must check out these great blogs, not only at these crafts and activities, but at all of their creative ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment